We have already seen the mock up theme for the upcoming version of Mozilla Firefox 4. This mock up theme for Firefox 4 can be enabled on Firefox 3 with an add-on. The Strata40 theme is designed to mimic the look and functionality of the Firefox 4 mock ups floating around the net. This theme for Firefox works with version 3.5 and above. Although the Strata40 theme gives the mock up effect, a combination of other add-ons and user scripts will give the complete look and feel of Firefox 4 mock up theme.
There are other recommended add-ons for complete effects like aero glass, tabs on top of the navigation bar.
Here is a list of add-ons required to get the full Firefox 4 experience:
- StrataGlass :: Needed for aero glass effects- Download
- Personal Menu :: Needed for tools and bookmarks toolbar buttons- Download
- Omnibar :: Not essential but great for using the address bar for searching instead of the search bar- Download
- Fission :: Needed for “progress line” feature. Shows the page’s loading progress as a small line below the address bar- Download
- Tabs on Top :: The mock ups also include a tabs on top version. If you would like a tabs on top version install an add-on called Stylish- Download
- Then install this user style : Download
Once these add-ons and styles are installed, you get the Firefox 4 mock up theme on Firefox 3.
Thanks to CyberNetNews for this tip.