Cloud based antivirus tools are gaining popularity recently and we have seen most of the AV companies launching the cloud based AVs. Avira has also jumped into the race with its new Avira Protection Cloud. Avira has released the Technical Preview version of new Avira Protection Cloud, a new cloud based antivirus solution from the company. The Avira Protection Cloud is a user friendly tool that scans your computer using the latest technologies available.
- Detection updates in real time: Protection is based on the most current malware information at all times, not just when your antivirus software downloads virus definitions.
- Scanning that is lighter than air: The files accessed by your computer are matched against the fingerprints of files stored in the cloud. As more scanning is done in the cloud, less processing power is required by the antivirus application.
- Access to the very latest anti-malware technology: Access Avira’s super computing malware analysis grid and get the best Avira detection ever.
- Prevention of false positives: When our Virus Lab has access to unknown files at an earlier stage, it can classify them sooner and with more sophisticated analysis systems.
- A bird’s-eye view of the threat landscape : The Protection Cloud serves as a central location to observe attempted cyber attacks throughout our user base. In turn, our ability to address potential outbreaks is dramatically enhanced.
This is an early preview of cloud technology, so your might encounter bugs and issues. Also Avira has not mentioned whether this product will be free or paid one, once the final build is released.
You can download the technical preview from here.