Previously we have covered the free app JR Directory Printer which allows you to print all the files inside the selected directory. Directory List & Print is another freeware and portable tool for Windows which enables listing and printing the content of any directory in a simplest way. By copying to the clipboard the lists can be exported into other programs or opened directly in Word 2010 and Excel 2010. You can just select the folder and the next moment the file list is populated.
You can select the files which needs to be included or excluded from the list from the selection tab.
The output tab has options to print the files selected or copy the list to clipboard or even use Word or Excel to export it.
- Selection of directories to be listed by a tree structure.
- Selection of directories by entering the path as a text string.
- Drag & Drop of directories (or a file) from Windows Explorer.
- Integration of “Open in Directory List & Print” in the directory context menu of Windows Explorer.
- Direct selection of important system directories as “My Documents” etc.
- Listing of sub-directories and/or files and looping through sub-directories (recursion).
- Update file list automatically or manually.
- Display of last modification date.
- Display of last modification time.
- Display of file size.
- Display of file name with or without directory path.
- Display of file names with or without file extensions.
- Indication of number of entries of files and directories in the list.
- Print directory listing, direct printing of corresponding list.
- Export list into other programs by copying to the clipboard. The corresponding data will be organized in columns and separated by tabs so that the list can be pasted directly into Excel ™ as a table.
- Open the list directly in Microsoft Word™ and Excel™.
- Support for connecting and disconnecting network drives.
- Automatic saving of display options when exiting the program.
- Start program with a directory path as a parameter.
- Portable Application, no installation necessary.
Leave a Reply