We have reviewed many screen capture tools on this blog. TakeScreen is another easy to use freeware program that captures the selected part of the screen, last active window or the whole area. You can save the capture either to a file or the clipboard. You can edit the last saved or other images using the built in editor. The program supports image formats PNG, BMP, JPEG, GIF and TIFF and does not require installation.
Features of TakeScreen;
- Auto-save files to selected folder
- Opening automatically after you save the image – the default viewer or built-in editor
- JPEG image quality setting
- Setting dimensions in pixels, millimeters, centimeters, inches
- Inclusion of dimensions in the filename
- Location of the window always on top
- Adjust the transparency of the main window
- Work with multiple monitors
- Shortcuts for screen capture
- Storage configuration
Overall TakeScreen is a nice handy and portable utility. The application starts in non-English language, but you can change it from the settings menu.