SpeeDefrag is the freeware program, which optimizes Windows defrag. It restarts your computer, which refreshes the RAM and loads just the defrag.exe program. This imposes minimum load on the system and therefore defragmentation speed is increased. This tool also allows you to shutdown or restart your computer automatically once defrag is over. It supports scheduling of defrag and now it also performs disk checking before defrag.
- Defragmentation of multiple drives supported
- It simply lets your Microsoft Windows Disk Defragmenter give its best
- SpeeDefrag optimizes its command line interface defrag.exe
- It solves many defrag problems by loading minimal things with defrag running
- It keeps your computer running smooth
- As the name says it makes Windows Disk Defragmenter to defrag your drives really fast
This utility could prevent your computer gets slower and slower over a period of time, its simply because of fragmentation of files.
This could be a good software tool – but the spyware that is offered upfront on the installation stopped me from installing. While I understand the author wants to make some money – this type of add on spyware software is the wrong approach.
pretty good point, here is another good article that may offer you more tips on the computer optimization: http://ezinearticles.com/?Defrag-Hard-Disk—Defragment-Hard-Disk-and-Speed-Up-Your-Computer&id=3204544