Windows Vista has a build in Firewall which for the first time includes an outbound filter as well as an inbound filter. But it might be difficult to manually configure the outbound filters and this is where the free application Windows Vista Firewall Control comes in. Firewall Control protects your applications from undesirable network incoming and outgoing activity, controls applications internet access. Allows you to control personal information leakage via controlling application network traffic.
Img Credit: PC World
It manages and synchronizes port forwarding provided by external network connection (firewall/router) box with applications requirements and activity.
Features of Firewall Control;
- Designed for Windows Vista
- IPv6 support
- Decreases expenses of mobile/satellite connections
- Zone based network permissions management
- Integration with Window Explorer for direct access permission management
- Integration with Windows Security Center
- Instant notifications of blocked activity
- Special editions available for portable and U3 devices
- Protection from incoming and outgoing threats
The free versions have limited features available. The application is available for 32 bit and 64 bit Vista versions.