One of main culprits for malware and virus infection on your PC is the USB drive. Quite often we use USB drives in public computers and they might get infected with viruses, malware or spywares. Accidently, we insert this into our PC and it also get infected. Every time you use USB drive on a public PC, make sure your check the drive before you use in your personal computer. If you find any virus or malware in USB drive, make sure you remove malware from USB drives before inserting them.
UsbFix is a free app which allows you to detect and remove malwares from USB drives.
UsbFix can also clean network disk. For example, if you use a USB key as a shared drive on your Internet Box UsbFix will clean it.
Features of the app:
- It can detect and remove infections found on your removable devices
- It can repairs the damaged files such as registry, hidden files, task manager etc.
- It can also backup your files and folders.
- The database of the app is regularly updated with latest infections that spreads via removable devices
- Vaccination option: prevents future infections by creating new autorun.inf files on removable drives
- It offers protection for all USB peripherals (pen drives, external hard drives, smartphones, memory cards etc.)
- It can detects and removes most common threats: VBS viruses, worms, trojans, keyloggers, other malware infections
There is also a premium version of the app. The free version comes with ads, but works very well in removing the malwares and other infections on the pen drives.