Adobe Reader is one of the most popular and free PDF reader for Windows. With the release of Windows 8, if you wanted to open PDF files, you had to depend on desktop version of the app. But now, Adobe has released the Windows 8 version of the app and is now available in the app store for download. The app is pretty useful for Windows 8 tablets running Windows RT. The app features allows users read PDF files that are stored on their PC, as well as on the web and inside email attachments.
Features which are specific to Windows 8 include touching embedded links in the PDF document to bring up web pages as well as using the charm to share or send the document to other users.
The interface is optimized for touch displays and comes with a metro UI.
- Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or anywhere on your device
- Easily find your most recently read documents
- View password-protected PDFs, annotations, and drawing markups
- Search text to find specific information
- Select single page or continuous scroll modes
- Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
- Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF document
- Quickly navigate through large documents using the Semantic Zoom thumbnail view
- Tap on links in a PDF to open linked web pages
- Share PDFs with other applications using “Share”
- Email PDFs as attachments
Leave a Reply