Honeycomb or Android 3.0 is a tablet-orientedrelease which supports larger screen devices and introduces many new user interface features, and supports multicore processors and hardware acceleration for graphics. There are many apps available in the Android market for Honeycomb tablets although the number of app available is less when compared to the mobile platform. If you own an Honeycomb tablet, then here is a list of 10 must have apps.
1. Friend Me [Facebook App]: Although the latest version of Facebook for Android supports Honeycomb tablets, you can also try out Friend Me which is a neat looking Facebook app with some cool features and a good UI.
2. TweetComb [Twitter app] This is a free Twitter client designed and created exclusively for the Android Honeycomb platform. TweetComb is designed in such a way that it gives you a tablet-friendly view of your Twitter timeline, mentions, direct messages, and more.
3. Newsr: If you have subscribed to RSS feeds in your Google Reader, then you should try out Newsr which gives you a tablet-centric way to casually read your Google Reader RSS feeds. Newsr is optimized for the Honeycomb experience and is only available on Android tablets running Honeycomb.
5. WeatherBug: This app offers the most accurate real-time weather intelligence anywhere. You can get the latest weather information, including local current conditions, hourly and extended forecast, severe weather alerts, animated Doppler radar, live weather camera images and more on your Android tablet.
6. TouchDown HD: TouchDown HD gets your Email, Contacts, Calendar and Tasks from your corporate Exchange server, and gives you a single tabbed view. You can get an Outlook like experience on your tablet when using TouchDown HD.
7. File Manager HD: It is one of the best tablet optimized file manager on Honeycomb with high definition(1280*800) and fresh UI design and user friendly functions. It comes with a special optimization for tablets and host of features.
8. Opera Mobile: Although the default Android browser is pretty good, Opera Mobile for Android tablets is also pretty good with speed improvements and turbo features. Opera Mobile provides several features not found in the stock Honeycomb browser, including a “speed dial” home page that stores your favorite bookmarks and integrated syncing with any desktop-based Opera browser.
9. Evernote: This app doesnt need any introduction, it is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. It helps you stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity.
There are many more useful apps available and we have posted only the ones which are essential for you to be online and connected.