We have already covered a freeware tool called Metro Controller to enable and disable Metro UI in Windows 8. Metro UI Tweaker for Windows 8 is another free tool designed to tweak a few settings that are unavailable to users in Windows 8. You can disable or enable metro UI, add shutdown or restart to start menu and also pin any application to start screen.
The tweaks available include;
- Disable Metro Start Menu: Disables only Metro Start Menu Screen. This function requires editing a System File. It does not remove the file.
- Disable Metro Ribbon: Disables only the Metro Ribbon UI. This function I discovered myself. It requires Taking Ownership of a System File. It does not remove this file.
- Disable Metro Start Menu and Ribbon: Disables the Metro Start Menu UI, Ribbon UI, Metro Task Manager UI and the Lock Screen.
- Enable Metro Start Menu and Ribbon: Re-enables all available Metro UI options.
- Add Power Options to the Metro Start Menu Screen: Logoff, Switch User, Lock, Sleep, Restart and Shutdown
- Add any Application/File to the Metro UI Start Menu Screen: Some Applications/Files may not be available to you to add to the Metro Start Menu Screen. This program allows you to add those Applications/Files which would otherwise be unavailable.
When you first run this portable tool, it will generate a folder in your Windows Directory labelled MetroUI Tweakers. This folder is to keep your Power Option apps in places without worrying about them having to be moved.
The app is available for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 8.