When you are doing design for any website or application, size of elements might become a big problem as the screen size varies. Window Ruler is a freeware tool for Windows which allows you to measure onscreen size. It allows you to test if your application windows fit in a certain screen resolution which is very useful for developers and also measure any window by dragging. You can also set the screen resolution in the settings.
How to use this program:
- Move the ruler by dragging it
- Measure a certain window by dragging the red ball over it
- Show/Hide the ruler by left-clicking over the notify icon
- Show the options by right-clicking over the notify icon or the ruler window
- The ruler can be resized using the mouse
You can also set the measurement units using the advanced settings. The available units are points, pixels, inches, centimetres, millimetres.