Although Windows has an in build sound recorder, it comes with only basic features. If you are looking a powerful sound recorder for Windows, then Sonarca Sound Recorder is a very good solution and is also free of cost. It can easily help you record various sound input to WAV and MP3 audio formats. You can set the recording channel, bit resolution and also the sampling frequency while recording.
- It is a free sound recorder (for personal, non-commercial, non-profit usage only).
- Supports multiple sound input, audio/video files playback, CD player, line in, microphone, internet radio, even the obsolete tape/VHS cassette or anything else.
- Record various sound input to WAV and MP3.
- CD quality sound recording.
- Extremely resource friendly, CPU usage is below 1% on some new computers.
- It uses latest Lame MP3 encoder which is generally believed as the the best MP3 encoder in the world.
- On-the-fly recording, no temporary file generated.
- Intuitive output file management.
- Diagnose and print detailed sound device info.
- Supports majority of modern sound cards: multi channel/professional/external USB sound cards.
- Supports several sound cards at the same system.
- All events are logged for future diagnosis.
- Windows Vista compatible and works with Windows 7.