Slice is a free application which is designed to split MP3, WAV, music and other audio files. The application can split files into either a set number of files or files of a set duration. Slice can also detect a specified amount of silence and split the file at these points. This is useful where you have many songs in one mp3 or an entire CD in one file and need to split them up into individual tracks.
Slice can split files three ways, one way is based on the size of file or based on the duration of the file or based on the feature of silence detection. Another good feature of Slice is that it adds a context menu to Windows for splitting files. Slice is supported on all versions of Windows and a useful freeware for splitting audio files.
Features of Slice Splitter;
- Split MP3, WAV, OGG and FLAC audio files.
- Several ways to split mp3 files (by number of files, duration or silence detection).
- Split multiple files at the same time.
- Split music files with silence detection to determine the end of a song.
- MPEG Layer-3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional error correction and stereo modes.
- Drag and dropping of mp3 files into application fully supported.
- Optimized CPU usage and efficient code for fastest conversion times.
- Settings are stored on program exit.
- Slice option added to Windows right-click menu.