OpenOffice.org Version 2.4 Launched

Freewares

OpenOffice.org Version 2.4 Launched

OpenOffice.org has released the latest version 2.4 with new features, enhancements and bug fixes and available for download. They have also redesigned the website for better navigation.The new features available in version 2.4 can be found here. The layout of the home page is pretty neat and well arranged.

open-office.jpg

In case you like to try out extensions for Open Office (yes, Open Office supports extensions), you can check out them in the “I want to do more with my OpenOffice.org” link in the home page.

Download OpenOffice.org 2.4

Source

1. MobileJGames

March 28, 2008 at 9:23 am

Oh ok, I thought the source link takes me to the source code of the software… 😉

2. Nirmal

March 28, 2008 at 9:44 am

@MobilejGames,
    In that case I would have mentioned Source Code. 😀

3. Shankar Ganesh

March 28, 2008 at 10:53 am

Thanks for the info.

I’m an OOo user myself (I use it religiously both in Ubuntu and XP hehehe) and I’d love to try this one.

They’re pretty fast with their release cycle these dates and are updating quite often.. which is very good.

But still OOo is a bit of a resource hog (I’m sure they’re working on making it light weight) and the interface, though simple to use is kinda boring and they need to work on making the UI bit more pretty 😉

4. Jawwad @ Inspired Geek

March 28, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Agree with Shanker on this one. It is pretty functional but still a resource hog and GUI also needs a revamp. I don’t think it will be able to catch with MS Office anytime soon though.

Despite this minor critic I think that it provides a lot of functionality for the price which is 0$ 🙂

5. Nirmal

March 28, 2008 at 4:52 pm

@Jawwad,
    You are right, even though there are few memory issues, FREE factor is the best part of this apps.

6. jsanderz

April 3, 2008 at 2:58 pm

I have never used open office but have considered the portable version, as I seem to have every other portable app installed on USB drive. Does anyone know how it compares to Googles office apps?
    Regards.