Quite often we damage our smartphones when we accidentally drop it in water or elsewhere causing damage beyond repair. These damages are often not covered under warranty and you will have to shell out from your pocket to repair it. Mi India (Xiaomi) has announced a new plan called Mi Protect, which covers accidental and liquid damage. The plan comes with free home pickup & drop-off, as well as a second servicing for free within one year of activation.
Mi Protect comes for as low as Rs 275 and can be purchased while buying the device.
Here are the features of Mi Protect:
- Accidental and liquid damage protection
- Doorstep pickup and drop-off
- 24X7 call center support to report damages
- Two repairs. Restoration of full amount after the first repair
- One call to block your SIM from anywhere in the world
- SIM misuse insurance cover of up to Rs. 3000
- Smartphone assistance to resolve all your Mi phone related queries
- Docusafe of up to 1GB to store and access all your important documents from anywhere in the world
Mi Protect is valid for 1 year from the day of membership activation. Mi Protect can also be transferred from one phone to another in case you buy a new device. Here are the rates of Mi Protect for various devices.
More details on Mi Protect can be found here.