Today, with Internet being one of the most important aspect of our life has many advantages. We get lots of information quickly and easily, but at the same time there is a worry that your kids might be affected with this. You might not be able to keep track of all your kids activities on a daily basis. But things will change with MiiPC, a new Android powered PC which promises to make kids’ gaming and surfing at home a lot more family friendly and also make them protected.
MiiPC is a new Kickstarter project which is basically a PC running Android and parents can remotely monitor what their kids are doing on the PC. You can connect MiiPC to a computer monitor (or TV) and instantly turn it into a learning, media and entertainment station. It is designed for large screen connectivity and optimized to provide a true keyboard and mouse experience.
Running the latest version of Android’s Jelly Bean 4.2 OS, the MiiPC user can surf the web, play games, watch videos, edit documents, and run Android apps. You can even let MiiPC be your host for a family movie night.
A companion mobile app provides parental control for MiiPC. You can set guidelines for kids’ online activities and get real-time monitoring. Help keep your children safe and eliminate everyday hassles by defining who gets to use the device at what time and specifying the apps & websites that your kid can access.
Desktop Computing Experience:
- Powerful and optimized for fast internet surfing, an accurate web experience (instead of mobile sites with big fonts) flash content support, customize your own desktop, drag & drop and more
- Large screen monitor that gives true desktop PC resolution (up to 1920×1080)
- Multiuser log-in for family members (or you can use this as a public kiosk for visitors)
- Super smooth movie and video playback using the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS
- Miracast Receiver – remote wireless display video feeds from Miracase enabled devices (tablets, phones) through MiiPC to the big screen (Monitor or TV)
- Free bundled productivity software such as KingSoft Office suite, Splashtop2 to connect to other PC or Mac, eReader, Multimedia players and more
- Processor: Marvell New Armada Dual Core 1.2GHz SoC / Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 4GB Internal Flash (expandable via SD Slot and USB port)
- Connectivity: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Ethernet Port, and Bluetooth (4.0)
- I/O: 2 USB 2.0 Ports, Speaker & Microphone Jack, HDMI (1080p/720p) output
MiiPC includes Main Unit, Power Adapter, and Quick Guide. (Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and HDMI cable sold separately)
Here is a video of how MiiPC works.
If you liked this idea, you can back this project on Kickstarter, with a $89 pledge you get the MiiPC shipped in July 2013. More details here.