As we have already mentioned that Windows 8 by default will not have support for DVD playback, which means you cannot play DVD using Windows Media Player. We had covered some free alternatives on this blog on how to play DVD. Cyberlink, one of the most popular company for media players has released a PowerDVD app for Windows 8. The PowerDVD is a very popular app across multiple platforms including mobile OS.
PowerDVD Mobile brings the award-winning features of CyberLink PowerDVD to your mobile device so that you can watch movies, view photos, and listen to music in the best quality.
The interface is touch friendly and comes with tabs for videos, photos and music.
The app is not a freeware and costs around $14.99, but there is a trial version to test it out before you buy it. The app is useful if you want to play DVD on Windows 8, if you want free alternatives, you can try VLC player (available only for Windows 8 Pro).
- Enjoy the convenience of video, photo & music playback and editing in one integrated app
- Playback MPEG and MKV videos as well as watch videos from Facebook and YouTube
- Stream content to and from your mobile device using Windows 8 Charm
- Edit and add cool effects to your photos. Browse them in Calendar View by date they were taken
- Create playlists for your videos, photos & music directly on your mobile device