Ever since the release of Windows 7, the taskbar has been made more functional with jumplists and app pinning. You can pin any application on to the taskbar for quick access. There were many limitations for this pinning as you cannot pin a file or folder or a shell location. Taskbar Pinner is a new freeware tool for Windows which allows you to pin any folder, file, shell location like recycle bin or hard drives or even libraries. The portable app is supported both on Windows 8 and Windows 7.
There are four options in the main interface where you can select the action required. For Pin a Shell location, the application pops up a defined list of shell locations like control panel, my computer, recycle bin etc.
If you select Pin a Library, it lists out all the libraries available on your PC.
Features of Taskbar Pinner;
- Pin ANY file regardless of its type;
- Pin ANY folder;
- Pin drive;
- Pin Control Panel items, all them including some hidden like God Mode/All Tasks, Network Connections;
- Pin Libraries;
- Pin Shell Objects like Run command, “Miminze All”, Window Switcher;
- Pin any drive,all folders and all files via Explorer Context Menu;
- Pin any folders or files with drag and drop. Drop them on application window.
- Pin any folders or files via command line:
The app also features option to add a context menu entry, which makes it still easier to pin any file or folder. You can simply right click on any file or folder and select the pin option. There are seperate versions of this app for Windows 7 and Windows 8.