We have covered about this new feature called Win +X menu in Windows 8, which can be activated from the desktop and can be used to quickly access the Explorer, Task manager, Control Panel and other administrative tools right from your desktop. This feature is a new addition to Windows 8 and not available in other versions of Windows. WinPlusX 4.0 is a simple freeware app which brings this menu to Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 users.
As the name indicates, you can open this menu either by right mouse click or by pressing Win+X on your keyboard.
- Very Small in Size
- You can also use it as your Launcher because now you can also Add or Remove Your Own Shortcuts to it. These Shortcuts are in a INI file.
- Automatically Saves your shortcuts.
- Automatically Sets The Added Shortcuts Icon.
- All Shortcuts have Icons.
- Separators to classify Shortcuts.
- Pre-Added Important Shortcuts like Device manager, notepad, registry editor, event viewer and so many.
- Open quick access menu from right click at Start Orb or by pressing Win+X default hotkeys.
- Very Low On Resource Usage.
Related Reading: Win + X menu Editor for Windows 8