When iPhone 4S was released, one of the promising features was the introduction of new personal voice assistant Siri. Siri can convert your speech into action and you can use to most of the tasks on your iPhone 4S. But if you are using Android phone and want to get the Siri like personal voice assistant, then here are some free tools. These tools can only bring some features of Siri on to your Android phone and cannot get the exact effect of Siri.
1. Vlingo: This is one of the popular voice based apps. It is your very own Virtual Assistant and you can simply speak to Vlingo and it will help you get more done, faster and easier. You can do a variety of tasks using Vlingo including voice calling, updating Facebook status, sending an SMS, search the web, get directions, open an app and many more.
2. Google Voice Search: This app is from Google and it can quickly search your phone, the web, and nearby locations by speaking, instead of typing. You can also call your contacts, get directions, and control your phone with Voice Actions.
3. Edwin: Another voice assistant app for Android which can tweet, text, translate, weather, convert and more, all by voice. You can make calls, SMS and perform other tasks using the app. For using this app, you need to install SpeechSynthesis , and TTS Extended apps from the market. All the apps are free of cost.
4. Speaktoit Assistant: This is another free app for Android phone which is a virtual buddy for your device that uses natural language technology to answer questions, find information, launch apps and connect you with various web services, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and many others
5. Iris: This is another voice assistant which is currently in beta. Iris is Siri in reverse and inspired from the iPhone feature Siri, Iris interacts with you in voice.
You can use a combination of these apps to get the best voice assistant for your Android phone.