We have covered various Twitter Clients for Windows, but most of them are based on Adobe Air platform. MetroTwit is a new Twitter client for Windows which is inspired by the Microsoft’s Metro design. MetroTwit’s biggest advantage is its elegant and clean user interface that’s beautiful to look at and a pleasure to read. It also comes with lots of features making it worth trying.
- Infinite scrolling- If you ever want to read more tweets, just scroll down and more will appear almost instantly
- Windows 7 taskbar integration- A counter in the taskbar will tell you exactly how many unread messages there are.
- Autocomplete for usernames & hashtags- Simply start typing any part of a username or hashtag and we’ll find them for you
- Quick-glance notifications- Read excerpts from new tweet updates as they cycle through in the notifications.
- Resizable and reorderable columns for tweets.
MetroTwit requires NET Framework 4.0 and you will be prompted to install it if you do not already have it. The application is currently in beta, so expect more cool features coming up.