How to Enable Macros in Office 2010

Microsoft Office

How to Enable Macros in Office 2010

Macros automate frequently-used tasks in Office 2010 and they are created with Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and are written by software developers. But Macros also pose potential security risk and because of this macros are disabled by default. But you can enable them from the application you are using and want to use macros. Macro security settings are located in the Trust Center and you can enable using the steps below.

microsoft-office-2010-logo1

1. Click the File tab and click Options.

File Options

2. This will open the Options dialog box, click Trust Center, then click Trust Center Settings.

Trust center settings

3. In the Trust Center, click Macro Settings.

Enable Macros

Make the selections you want. Click OK.

Based on the selection you chose, Macros will be enabled. One important thing to note here is that macros will be enabled only for the application you enable it and not for Office 2010 as a whole. For example if you enable macros in Word 2010, then it wont be enabled for all other Office 2010 application, it needs to be enable for each application.

1. Tonja

October 14, 2010 at 5:49 am

I have tried every method I could find on the web, but I still cannot enable macros for MS 2010. Can someone please help!

2. mar

May 27, 2011 at 12:15 pm

for those who have the same problem- u need to reopen word doc after applying change as it is above 🙂

3. Kathleen Powrie

July 1, 2011 at 11:27 am

I cannot enable macros in MS2010. I too have done everything that I can find in help and on the web and nothing works.
    Yes I have re opened the word doc….any other ideas please

4. Mallikarjun

April 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

The above steps work but when we want to enable the macros in the file it does’t work. Any clue

5. Pingback: Command Button Word 2010

6. JBP

September 20, 2012 at 2:08 am

Bu how about is the option buttons are disabled? I my case I can’t select any!!!!

7. PLP

January 23, 2013 at 3:09 pm

In my case as well I am not able to select any , all radio buttons are diabled.

8. Sendon

November 18, 2013 at 1:23 am

The article is titled How to DISABLE macros. Yet the shot of the dialog window shows a “Disable all macros” option selected. Worse, text then says “make the selections you want,” without explaining what the selections do (it would seem the not-recommended “Disable all macros” option is the relevant radio button, and the checkbox label is gobbledygood to the average user. Oh, and after doing this, with or without checking the checkbox, I still get the “are disabled” popup, macros won’t run..

• Sendon

November 18, 2013 at 5:54 am

Obviously, I meant to type, “The article it titled How to ENable macros.” Is that what Nirmal meant to type? Regardless, the solution still doesn’t work. No solution I have found in two days of searching and trying has worked.

9. PaulZhang

June 5, 2017 at 10:50 am

The solution doesn’t work. excel 2013.