CDs and DVDs are highly prone to scratches if you do not preserve them properly and once it get scratched it might be difficult to read or copy data from the CD or DVD. Copy Cat 2.0 is a freeware tool which actually skip the bytes which are not readable from file and copy all other bytes therefore it extracts max data which is normally not done by windows copy operation. Copy Cat can be helpful at times when you want to copy a CD or DVD which is scratched.
It can also be used when you want to copy data from hard disk area which is partially not readable , when you want to copy data from floppy which is currently not being copied by windows. You can specify the number of bytes to be skipped if any error is found while copying the CD or DVD.
- Copies your oldest collection of CDs and DVDs
- It even tries to copy a highly damaged media byte by byte
- It gives you the option to skip the bytes if bad area found
- It is a very fast data recovery tool
- It also tries to copy damaged files on your hard disk
- Unlike Windows copy operation it does not stop the copy if bad area found.