Windows 7 has a completely new task bar which is also called the Superbar with lot of new features and improvements. You can create a stack of your programs or files which are frequently used with 7Stack. 7stacks is an easy to use, free application that lets Windows 7 (and Vista and XP) users have “stacks” of icons in their Taskbar(in Windows 7) or QuickLaunch Toolbar (in Vista and XP). With 7Stack, you can create a stack of your most frequently opened programs and then use the stack to open these programs.
You can also use it to browse and access documents within a folder very quickly. When you want to access frequently used documents, you can create a stack to that document’s folder, and open that document in a couple of clicks.
There are various settings that can be chosen for the stack. The stack can be created a stack, grid or even a menu.
Features of Stack:
- In 7 and Vista, 7stacks uses Aero, making the stacks look like part of Windows itself.
- Browse subfolders within a stack.
- 3 different styles of stacks: Normal, Grid, and Menu
- Normal displays a stack of icons vertically, with a text description next to it.
- Grid displays a “squarish” grid of icons only; useful when displaying a large number of items like document folders.
- Menu displays a cascading menu of items, with a very small icon and a name next to it. Hover over subfolders to browse inside those folders.
- In Windows 7, create a new stack by right-clicking on any stack and selecting “Create New Stack” from the JumpList entry.
- In Menu mode, 7stacks doesn’t even need to be in a toolbar. You can use it right from your desktop, or any other folder.
- Pin up to 10 different stacks on the Windows 7 taskbar