Windows 7 Theme for Vista

Windows 7

Windows 7 Theme for Vista

Windows 7 which was demoed at PDC, has some theme change in the form of taskbar and start menu. If you liked the Windows 7 theme and like to try it out on Vista, you can do it by downloading the theme for Vista made by Deviantart user DJ Gx. He has created two themes based on Windows 7 for Vista.

My_Windows_Seven_PDC_on_Vista_by_giannisgx89

Download Theme

New_desk_by_giannisgx89

Download Theme

Thanks VG

1. Pingback: Download Free Windows 7 themes and styles for Vista

2. Sapin

November 3, 2008 at 9:41 pm

i have downloaded the windows 7 theme for my vista but i don’t know how to install . Pls help me.

• xhevi palushi

April 26, 2011 at 4:48 am

it will be very easy if you have tune up utilities (apply with tune up styler)

3. Pingback: Wie sieht euer Desktop aus - Seite 27 - drvista.de

4. Madhur Kapoor

November 4, 2008 at 11:59 pm

Looks Nice, will try this.

5. Pingback: Download Windows 7 Themes for Vista

6. Pingback: Wie sieht euer Desktop aus - Seite 29 - drvista.de

7. Michael

November 13, 2008 at 10:13 am

I have download and I have moved the Windows 7 folder to my theme folder but I can not choose the Windows 7 theme when I go into my Display options. Has anyone got this to work for them? If so can you write up how you did it.

Thanks

8. vador76

December 17, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Bonjour a vous internaute moi je dispose actuellement de windows vista basic alors aurais je la transparence si je met ce theme

9. abhisheak

January 10, 2009 at 11:15 pm

i cant apply my vista aero theme i dont have it in my themes window and all the windows are on windows classic so wut can i do now

10. Aviator

January 12, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Hey …….. I also have the same problem. I have download and I have moved the Windows 7 folder to my theme folder “C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes” but I can not choose the Windows 7 theme when I go into my Display options.

• The Guy

August 15, 2011 at 5:08 am

download 7 zip, open archives and go to theme and choose the theme file and drag it to a folder, go on personalize and choose the file, and your done

11. Alex

February 14, 2009 at 7:25 pm

You need to right-click on the desktop and go to properties; there you’ll find themes; click on browse and select the *.theme file . thats it; after that you could choose a nice win 7 wallpaper and thats it ! =)

12. kjcmndxzl

February 23, 2009 at 2:01 am

ya i have that problem and i dont got the areo theme i dont get that can any 1 help?

13. Barre

February 23, 2009 at 3:18 am

I browsed the .thm file when right clicked but it did just happen as for abhisheak to me, how do i do!?!?

14. Pingback: How To Tweak & Registry Edit Vista To Make It Like Microsoft Windows 7 Beta FREE!!! Part 1 | DominateWordpress.com

15. raven

February 27, 2009 at 7:47 am

windows 7 sucks.. too many error problem, too slow loading..

16. Jimmy

March 1, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Okay, hold on there. First of all, you must download VistaGlazz and patch your system files. Make sure you have recovered them in your hard drive before doing this action. When patching progress is completed, you just copy the current theme’s folder (Windows 7 specifically) at your Windows Themes folder. Now, it should be visible and available for using.

17. Jimmy

March 1, 2009 at 2:49 pm

For further help, don’t hesitate to leave a reply.

18. uzair786uzzy

March 4, 2009 at 7:18 am

does it do all the cool effects like the real windows 7

19. Rob Marinella

March 26, 2009 at 10:01 am

Try downloading the Windows 7 Beta Themes from Microsoft! They work ….

20. Boris

May 10, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Hi there! This theme looks great! Had one on my old win XP and I would like to apply it to my new Vista but I have encountered some problems.

I’ve downloaded VistaGlazz and patched my system. After that I did a reboot. Then I’ve copied the “theme” folder in C:Windows\Resources\Themes and I still can’t pick this theme from the “theme” menu…

Any suggestions?

21. Mads

July 4, 2009 at 4:52 pm

You need click on top where you see two aero themes.

22. me_malAYSia

July 31, 2009 at 8:11 pm

he all..try use tuneup utilities..its the best software and more safety..u can change ur theme, logOn or startup logo without changing system files..try it!!!

23. Stefan

August 15, 2009 at 1:22 am

I have downloaded the Windows 7 Theme.
    I Have patched my files with VistaGlazz
    I have copy and pasted the Windows 7 Folder to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
    I have clicked on the Windows 7 theme every way imaginable
    IT WONT WORK WHAT IT THE PROBLEM

PLEASE HELP ME
    stefanslattery@gmail.com

24. kyoritzu

September 1, 2009 at 10:09 am

wow thanks a lot… em the is any win 7 theme for vista that i can download from you? (n.n)

25. Ac/Dc

September 2, 2009 at 7:44 pm

To install windows 7 theme on ur cp and use it is quite simple Just install Tune Up ulitilities and u will see

26. Chukson Xtune

November 15, 2009 at 3:40 am

wow wow wow! the themes is so fantastic….. but how can i download and install it on my vista?

27. X-Men

April 5, 2010 at 9:47 am

does it work in vista starter???

28. una

September 27, 2010 at 6:43 pm

tried it, only the task bar looks like vista…

29. Bokia

October 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm

The Taskbar still looks like vista

30. Pingback: Vista için Windows 7 Temas? | aYYaS Blog!

31. cornello

April 21, 2011 at 7:57 pm

ey wont work on explorer.exe
    i tried the takeowner but i cant
    “doesn’t exist”

32. Pingback: vista theme for windows 7 - TEMPLATES AND THEMES – TEMPLATES AND THEMES