Most of the times when we want to share some large file through email, there are restrictions on the size of files being send. Although there are online services which allows large files to be sent, splitting the file into smaller files and then joining it at later is also a good option. There are many freewares to split large files into smaller. Here is a list of 4 5 top freewares to split large files into smaller ones.
1. GSplit- Gsplit lets you split your large files (like Self-Extracting archives, Zip archives, multimedia, song, music, movie, backup, picture, archive, log, large text, document files) into a set of smaller files.
2. JoneSoft File Splitter- It allows max file size upto 4GB.
3. SplitFile- The main feature if compared to other programs like this, is the ability to support very large files.
4. Max Splitter- Split files into smaller pieces and easily rejoin them again.
Update: Added HJSplit based on reader recommendation.
5. HJ Split- This is another good popular freeware for splitting large files. It supports files more than 10GB as well.
Which is your favorite program to split files?