Recover Deleted Files with Freeware Recuva

Freewares

Recover Deleted Files with Freeware Recuva

Recuva is a freeware for recovering deleted files from you hard disk or USB drive. Recuva is a Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses.

Using the application is pretty simple, you need to select the drive and click on the Scan button.

screen1

Once you get the list of files, you can select on files which need to be recovered and then specify the target folder.

screen2

The application also allows secure delete files.

Download Recuva

Img Src: Recuva

1. Keith Dsouza

May 20, 2008 at 3:30 am

I like this software and have used it a couple of times to recover files I have deleted by mistake. I also love the other offerings from the software company. CCleaner and Defraggler.

2. Haris

May 20, 2008 at 8:29 am

A very very handy app. I’ll recommend everyone to download this as it may be needed any time.

3. TechnoLaziness

May 20, 2008 at 2:50 pm

With such apps, I can even recover files deleted from USB drive which don’t go to recycle bin. One caution – attempt recovery immediately after the file is deleted.

4. Rakshit

May 20, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Seems to be a nice application. Right now I prefer PC Tools’ File Recovery software for this purpose.

5. Syahid A.

May 20, 2008 at 10:03 pm

I’ve used and blogged about Recuva some time ago. It is one of the easiest tool that you can use to recover your accidentally deleted files. Thumbs up!

6. Madhur Kapoor

May 20, 2008 at 11:36 pm

Right now i am using GetDataBack but it is not a freeware

7. Techblissonline Dot Com

May 22, 2008 at 9:44 am

I have tried recuva…but i also suggest to try out data recovery wizard professional…it has a lot of features…for recovering data…