Spywares are one of the nasty programs which can drastically affect the performance and security of your system. My computer was more than once attacked by spywares and I had reinstall my XP. Here is a list of Anti spyware softwares which are free to download and use.
1. Spybot Search & Destroy: Spybot S&D is one of the most popular free wares to remove spywares. The application scans for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software. Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don’t want them to see what you have been working on. S&D supports Windows Vista also.
2. SpywareBlaster: SpywareBlaster protects you from Spywares, adwares, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today. It also prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware.
3. SpywareGuard : SpywareGuard provides a real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlasters protection method. SpywareGuard now also features Download Protection and Browser Hijacking Protection
4. Spyware Terminator: Spyware Terminator is another freeware which provides 100% real time protection. It effectively removes spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, home page hijackers and other malware threats. It is very easy to use with manual and scheduled scanning.
5. Windows Defender: Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it’s detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. This software requires Windows Genuine check before downloading.
6. Ad Aware: Ad-Aware Free remains the most popular anti-spyware product for computer users around the world, with nearly one million downloads every week. The free anti-spyware version provides you with advanced protection against spyware that secretly attaches and takes control of your computer, resulting in aggressive advertising pop-ups, sluggish computer activity, even identity theft through stolen bank details, passwords, and credit card account numbers. Real time protection is not provided in free version.
7. WinPooch: Winpooch is a Windows watchdog, free and open source anti spyware and anti trojan, it gives a full protection against local or external attacks by scanning the activity of programs in real time. Associated with ClamWin antivirus, Winpooch keeps safe your computer against virus.
Which one do you use to protect your PC from Spywares and adwares? If you would like to add any to the list, please share it in comments.