Camera Awesome is a popular camera app on iOS and has also crossed more than 20 million downloads ever since it was released. SmugMug’s Camera Awesome, a well-reviewed iOS app for taking and editing photos, has finally arrived on Android too. You can now download and install this awesome camera app with tons of features. Camera Awesome is designed to let people take photos faster than with the standard camera app and to let people apply higher-quality filters than some rival apps offer. So it comes with almost all features you would want on your camera app and it includes various options to take photos and also edit them once you have taken with filters and textures right inside the app.
Apart from this, the app also includes the ability to set exposure and focus points depending on where you tap on the screen; an option to turn the entire screen into a shutter-release button, which is handy for taking self-portraits when you can’t see the screen; a self-timer to take a shot after a specific delay; an intervalometer to take shots periodically; overlays for a rule-of-third grid and other options; a level that shows when the phone is horizontal.
Initially when you try the app, you might find the interface a bit confusing because of the large number of options available in the interface. But once you get used to it, taking photos is easy. There are quite a lot of options available to select the best shot. You can select the shooting modes and also change the camera settings like flash, white balance, exposure and composition.
Once you have taken the photo, open the gallery inside the app and select the photo. You have options to add filters, textures, frames and also transform the photo by cropping.
Features of Camera awesome:
- Composition guides: set up better shots with screen guides for horizon, rule-of-thirds, golden ratio, and more
- Shooting modes: includes high-speed burst, panorama, and HDR
- Anti-shake video mode: video image stabilization
- Face recognition and tracking: automatically identifies and tracks multiple faces in the shot to keep subjects in perfect focus
- ISO, White Balance, and Exposure: power users can choose among multiple white balance modes, exposure compensation values, and manually select ISO settings from 100 to 1600 to capture the perfect shot
- Resolution settings: shoot both photos and video in multiple resolutions
- Creative Editing Tools: 100+ artistic effects, crop, rotate, and insta-edit with the “Awesomize’ button
- Selective Editing: touch to add or erase which parts of the image have filter applied
- Sharing: in addition to sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Sinaweibo, Google+, Instagram, Photobucket, Picasa, Tumblr, YouTube and Flickr, users can now share to any other services via supporting apps installed on device
- NVIDIA® Tegra®: Additional features on supported NVIDIA® Tegra®-powered devices including slow-motion video, enhanced HDR, and integrated stylus support
The developers say that the Android version was tough developing and hence it is not supported on all devices. As of now it is supported on Samsung Galaxy SIII, S4, Galaxy Nexus, Note 2, Note 3, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, (Nexus 5 coming soon), Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, MotoX, Motorola Droid Razr, Kindle Fire HDX 7″.
Here is quick demo and review of Camera Awesome app:
The app is priced at $3 even though the iOS version is free download.