Most of us update our blog through the default web blog editors of the blogging software we use. WordPress has a good WYSIWYG editor, but all these features can also be got using a standalone desktop blogging software. This list comprises of free desktop blogging software for Windows.
1. Windows Live Writer: WLW is a Microsoft product and is widely used desktop software for blogging. WLW has lots of features like multiple blog accounts, multiple blog platforms, rich text formatting, draft saving, post categorization, picture and tag insertion, spell checking etc.
2. Qumana: Qumana is an easy-to-use desktop blog editor, enabling you to write, edit and post to one or more blogs. Qumana features include easy text formatting and image insertion, simple Technorati tagging, and advertising insertion with Q Ads.
3. Blog Desk: Blog desk is another good desktop free software for blogging with WYSIWYG editor. Images can be directly inserted and are automatically uploaded. Even publishing simultaneously to multiple blogs is a matter of a click.
4. Zoundry: The Zoundry Blog Writer is a full featured editor that makes posting to your blog easier and faster. It’s as easy to use as a word processor, plus we include simple tools to add links, tags, photos, music and video files, and more. Zoundry also has a fully featured WYSIWYG editor.
5. Bleezer: Bleezer is another powerful desktop client which has lots of features. Bleezer has WYSIWYG editor, image upload, category and tag support and also in build spell checker. Apart from all these Bleezer supports Windows, Mac and Linux Operating systems.
6. W.Bloggar: W.Bloggar is another free editor which supports multiple blogging platforms with features like spell checker, tags, categories, image upload and much more. The only difference between W.Bloggar and other editors is that it features an HTML editor and it may be sometimes difficult to compose posts in HTML editor. It also pings you posts to weblogs and other ping services. A portable version will be releasing soon.
Apart from these desktop clients there are browser editors like the one in Flock browser and Firefox extension Scribe Fire which allows you to publish post from browser rather than installing the desktop software.
If you like to add up any more free desktop blogging softwares, please do share in comments.