We already covered the Android One launch in India where Google announced three new devices powered by this new OS. Karbonn, Micromax and Spice are the first partners to launch the devices. Google has announced the first set of Android One powered handsets and the starting price will be around Rs 6399, around $105.
These phones will be available for purchase online and Micromax has tied up with Amazon, while Karbonn with Snapdeal and Spice with Flipkart for their sales. There will be more devices coming soon as per the information shared by Sundar Pichai at the launch. The new partners will be Acer, Alcatel Onetouch, ASUS, HTC, Intex, Lava, Lenovo, Panasonic, and Xolo.
Google has set a basic spec sheet for Android One devices and they come with;
- Dual SIM
- 1.3Ghz MediaTek processor
- 1GB RAM
- Updates from Google
- 4.5 inch display
- SD card support
- FM Radio
- Front and rear camera
Other features with Android One (and devices):
- OTA upgrade to Android L
- Android One’s Chrome browser will help compress the amount of data with data compression feature built-in
- Airtel is offering a promotion to reduce data costs for those who buy Android One phones. With an Airtel SIM card, Android One users will get free over-the-air (OTA) updates, and 200MB per month worth of app downloads from Google Play for the first six months
- All the three phones are priced Rs 6399
- Offline availability of devices in October
- YouTube will be available offline in India, meaning you can download videos using Wi-Fi and watch it later on the app.
- Karbonn Sparkle V (Magnum Blue, Mild Grey, Wild Red and Pearl White) available online exclusively at Snapdeal
- Micromax Canvas A1 (Black, White) available online exclusively at Amazon
- Spice Dream UNO (Black, White) available online exclusively at Flipkart.