There are instances where your cell phone is not able to catch the signal as it is very low or your Wi-Fi connection is slow due to poor signal. OpenSignal is a freeware app for Android smartphones which can improve the Cellular and Wi-Fi signals on your phone. It is one of the best toolkit for improving your cellular and Wi-Fi signals on your phone.
The app has been released in version 2.0 and comes with many improvements and enhancements. It supports all versions of Android.
Apart from this, the app gives a comprehensive report of your data usage, talktime, SMS and signal strength on an average. You can also check your network speed and a coverage heat map for your location.
- Signal direction
- Maps of Wi-Fi hotspots near you
- Track your spending with charts of data usage, minutes & SMS usage (beta) [NB this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to just count calls and SMS, messages are never accessed or read!]
- Map and radar views of cell towers
- Detailed signal strength data
- Save data to SD card
- Save wifi access points and maps of their locations by running the speed test
- Option to notify you at loss of signal (entering “deadzones”)
- History of signal readings
Here is a video of the app and its features;