Google has today announced the release of its latest Android version Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) and also the release of first phone running Android ICS, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The new Android version comes with lots of new features including the much needed native screenshot capabilities. Android 4.0 has an entirely new look and feel to Android. The lock screen, widgets, notifications, multi-tasking and everything in between has been redesigned and refined to make Android better.
Some of the new feature in Galaxy Nexus;
- Face Unlock: This enables users on Galaxy Nexus to unlock your phone with a smile. You can quickly look into the camera and then unlock the phone without any other passwords.
- You can share contacts, photos, apps, maps etc using NFC (Near Field Communication), just need to have another NFC enabled handset.
- Voice Typing: You can use your voice to instantly type your emails, SMS, or anywhere you want to enter text.
- Built in support for Google+.
- 5MP camera with zero shutter-lag, automatic focus and low-light performance.
- 4.65″ high-definition sAMOLED display
- 4G (LTE or HSPA+) support
Galaxy Nexus will be available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia starting November.
More details available here.