We have covered various tools like Windows 7 Logon Editor, Logon Screen, Screen Tweaker and Screen Rotator for changing Windows 7 logon screens. Windows 7 Boot Updater is a another freeware tool for Windows which allows you to customize the boot screen in Windows 7. You can customize the boot screen as well as the resume screens in Windows. You can change the image, background color, fonts and the position using this tool.
Note: Please this tool at your own risk as modifying boot screens in wrong way might prevent Windows from booting.
You can add your own custom image when booting and also set the message while Windows 7 is booting. You can see the tool in action below screenshot.
In case you want the default boot screen, you can revert it back anytime using the app.
- Modifies the boot animation, colors, text, and background
- Modifies the resume from hibernation screen as well
- Will create the animation from 105 BMP, PNG, GIF, or TIFF images or use a single (non-animated) image
- Does not require any other applications (like ImageX)
- Designed to be idiot-proof by having numerous checks
- Automatically backs-up the modified files
- Does not require test-signing or no-integrity-checks to be enabled
- Works for all versions of Windows 7: any language, any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit, RTM or SP1