Java Remote Desktop (jrDesktop) is a cross-platform freeware for remote desktop control, remote assistance and desktop sharing which is useful for home networking, helpdesk, system administration and collaboration. It comes with many features like screen shots, transferring mouse and keyboard events and also many additional features like multisessions, file transfer, clipboard synchronization, reverse connection, web client and proxy support and more.
jrDesktop can be deployed in many formats, such as
- A standalone application
- An applet embedded in a web page
- A Java Web Start application or applet
- A multi-threaded HTTP server
- A Windows service and/or a *nix daemon
- A Windows portable application
- A Mozilla Firefox extension
Launching jrDesktop can be customized by many command line arguments and applet parameters, also server and viewer configuration profiles can be saved for a future usage.