Google Apps for Your Domain is a software bundle aimed at small and mid size businesses. Google Apps lets you offer email, instant messaging, and calendar accounts on your own domain name (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), to keep your group close and build its online identity. Here are the reasons why you should be using Google Apps with your domain.
- Google Apps lets you to create any number of Email accounts (with your domain name) with Gmail and 2GB storage space. Google also gives 99.9% uptime guarantee for emails. You also get all the features of Gmail on your custom mails ID. Users can also create custom logo for headers.
- Google Apps allows you to customize your start page, create headers and footers with your images. You can add or delete content to suit your needs. Start page can create a unique, dynamic place for your users to preview and access their inboxes and calendars.
- Google Talk is available to all the email accounts created with your domain, so that you can connect with your friends with your custom email ID.
- All the users in your domain can organize their schedules and share events, meetings and entire calendars with others. Your organization can also publish calendars and events on the web.
- Google Apps also supports mobile access. You can get all mails, calenders, GTalk on your mobile phone if you have a supporting handset.
- Create custom URLs for all your domain’s Google services. For eg you can create mail.yourdomain.com for logging into mailbox.
- Google Apps allows your to create web pages using Google page creator and publish your pages on the web with your domain.
Apart from this the service is fast and easy to use. Windows Live also has the feature of customizing your domain, the main difference between these two are in the looks. Windows live custom domain has a better layout and UI, but Google apps has more features.
Are you using Google Apps, Share in your experience and suggestions.