Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the popular, safe and fast email clients which is pretty easy to use as well. Just like Firefox, Thunderbird also support a vast number of Add-ons. Listed here are the Top 5 useful add-ons for Mozilla Thunderbird.
1. Contact Sidebar: Contact Sidebar displays all available address books in a sidebar in the 3-pane-window of Thunderbird. It makes all your contacts easy accessible from the main window to quickly write messages, or to edit the properties of a contact card. It also allows you to drag & drop files and messages to a contact to easily add attachments to a new message to this contact.
2. Auto Zip Attachments: Auto Zip Attachments allows you to easily compress (zip) attachments. A button named “AutoZip” is added to the compose toolbar. Upon pressing the button all the attachments would be compressed into a single file. Then the attachments are replaced with the zipped file. This add-on gives lot of options for compressing and naming a file.
3. Attachment Extractor: Attachment Extractor has the ability to extract all the attachments at the same time without having to select each attachment and then extracting it. With this add-on, all you need is to select the messages having attachment and select “Extract attachments”. This is again a very useful add-on for people having lot of attachment mails.
4. Signature Switch: Signature Switch allows you to create multiple e-mail signatures for personal, business etc and easily switch between them while sending mails. It also provides configurable signature auto-switch option based on the email recipients.
5. Send Later: Send Later allows you to compose a mail and send it at a later scheduled time. When the “Send Later” option is chosen (Ctrl+Shift+Enter- shortcut), the extension saves the message to draft and monitors the messages in the draft folder, when the chosen time arrives it moves the message to unsent and sends unsent messages.
If you have any other useful add-on for Thunderbird, please share it here. If you have not used Thunderbird yet, you can download it from here.