Airtel has launched the Wi-Fi calling facility in India. While network reception is still a major issue in India, people who are making calls inside home often feel that network reception is lower. So in order to solve this issue you can try Airtel Wi-Fi calling. This feature enables Airtel smartphone customers to switch seamlessly from LTE to Wi-Fi based calling when they are inside their homes/offices. This facility will not incur extra charge for voice calls made with ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’.
Airtel’s new Wi-Fi Calling is designed to enhance voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers, especially when they are indoors. With this, customers with Wi-Fi at home or office will get excellent signal quality indoors and can make calls easily. There will be no extra charge for calls made using this feature and the application consumes minimal data. The service is currently available to Airtel customers in Delhi NCR and will be gradually rolled out across India.
How use Airtel’s new Wi-Fi Calling:
This feature is available currently for Airtel customers in Delhi NCR. It will be rolled out to other cities in coming days. In order to enable follow the steps below.
- Check smartphone compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling (depends on smartphone)
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Phones currently supporting Wi-Fi calling:
- Apple: All iPhone series starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, M30
- OnePlus: All models of OnePlus 7 Series
Airtel is working with all leading smartphone brands to roll out compatibility with this service. The service is currently compatible with Airtel Xstream Fiber home broadband and will soon be compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots.