Vivo Mobiles, a mobile OEM from China, has entered the Indian market with the launch of Vivo X5Max, the slimmest smartphone in the world at 4.75mm. The phone was announced in China on December 10th and the device features a 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED screen. The device is powered by an Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor ( Quad core 1.7GHz Cortex-A53 and quad core 1GHz Cortex-A53) with Adreno 405 GPU.
The phone runs on Funtouch OS 2.0, custom ROM based on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Until the launch of X5Max, the slimmest phone was Oppo R5 which was launched in October. Gionee also has the Elife S5.1 which is yet another slim smartphone at 5.1mm. The Vivo X5Max also features 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage.
The phone also comes with dedicated audio chip Yamaha YSS-205X signal processor, Sabre ES9018K2M DAC. The phone also comes with support for dual SIM card and the second SIM card slot doubles up as a microSD slot when you don’t want to use.
Vivo X5Max Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- Funtouch OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM ( micro SIM + nano SIM)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 153.90 × 78.00 × 4.75mm
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2000mAh battery
Price in India
Vivo X5Max is priced Rs 32980 in India.