I have already mentioned about the important things to look for in a blog design. After having a professional and fast loading design, the next question is what are the essential things for a blog? In this post I have identified the Top 5 essential things for any blog. So here is my pick.
- Navigational Header: Header is the important part which gives a good impression of the blog. The Header should contain the links for navigation and it should be made simple and clear for the readers.
- RSS feeds and Email Subscriptions: This point needs no explanation. We all know the importance of having feeds for your blog. Apart from having feeds, its also important that your blog offers Email Subscription. You can check out the importance of having Email Subscription.
- Search: Search is another important ingredient of any blog. Most of the themes comes with a build in search functionality. You can even try out the custom search from Google. If you use WordPress as your blogging platform there are few plugins available for search.
- Contact Page: Contact page offers a method for your readers to contact you through Email for any help or even reporting a problem on your blog. Apart from Contact page, an about page can also be included to get more information about the author.
- Functional Footer: A functional footer is one which will provide a home page links, subscription link and links to other important pages in the blog like copyright etc. DailyBlogTips has written about the importance of having a functional footer.
So what is your pick for the top 5 things for a blog?