Social bookmarking sites needs no introduction, they are always important to share and save your bookmarks. We keep on discovering lots of new sites daily and social bookmarks helps us to keep track of all the sites we come across. The most common and frequently used ones are;
- Stumble Upon
Have a look at the new social bookmarks I have implemented in my blog.
Steps to add this bookmarks to your blog posts;
- Download the file Social Bookmarks.
- Go to your themes images folder [wp-content->Themes->your theme->images]. Unzip the files in this folder. This will create folder named “SocialBookmarks” inside images folder.
- Download the text file for bookmarks code.
- Open your theme editor and select single.php file. Copy the code from the text file and paste it in the location where you want to show the icons, ideally just above the comments section.
- You can add suitable header like “Share this post” just above this code, based on your CSS.
- Save the file and you are done with Social bookmarks.
NB: The icon size is currently 64 X 64 pixels, If you need it in smaller sizes, please drop a comment. If you face any problem installing the code, please do contact me.
Other guides to create social bookmarks
Update: As per the requests of readers, I have made the icons with lesser size (48 X 48) and also png. Also there was 2 digg buttons in the code, so I have made one to subscribe button. Please download the latest code.