A few years ago, if you look at the external portable hard disk market, most of us used to buy regular hard disk as SSDs used to be extremely costly. But things have changed drastically in the last couple of years. Solid State Drives or SSDs have become more affordable even though they are not as cheap as regular hard disk. But the performance of SSDs are way better than regular hard disk and that is one of things why you should prefer SSDs. So if you are looking for a SSD, here is the list of 5 best Solid State Drives (SSD).
1. Samsung T5 Portable SSD
Samsung T5 Portable SSD is one of the most popular SSDs available right now and it comes in different storage configuration including 256, 512, 1TB and 2TB.
- Fast: Up to 540mbps transfer speed supporting USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10gbps)
- Compact and lightweight (51g) aluminum exterior
- Shock resistance structure withstands falls from up to 2m, RoHS Compliance: RoHS 2
- AES 256 bit hardware encryption
- USB-C, USB-A supports for PC, phones and other devices
Price: Rs 8,421.00 (512GB)
2. SanDisk 500GB SSD
Sandisk SSD has a unique design and it also comes with IP55 rating which means it is water and dust resistant and also shock proof as well. It is also available in different storage configurations.
- High-speed transfers with up to 550MB/s read speeds let you move hi-res photos and videos fast
- Rugged, water- and dust-resistant(1) (IP55-rated)
- Shock-resistant solid state core for greater durability
- Compact and pocket-sized
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and macOSHigh Sierra, Sierra or Mac OS X El Capitan
- For PC and Mac users
Price: Rs 8,199.00 (512GB)
3. Seagate Fast SSD
Seagate is another popular SSD brand and has a unique and ultra modern design. It looks stylish and it is light weight and shock resistant as well. It comes in 256, 512, 1TB and 2TB configurations.
- High Performance, when you need it wherever you need it
- Sleek, stylish and ultra-modern design
- Lightweight and shock resistant – take it everywhere
- Future proof USB-C technology
- Transfer speeds up to 540MB/s
- Folder syncing software helps keep your important files up-to-date
Price: Rs 7,999.00
4. Adata SD700
Adata SD700 is a shock proof SSD with IP68 certification which is water resistant and dust proof with Military Grade Shockproof. It can survive 1.5m of water for 60 minutes.
- Ensuring complete dust-tight protection and survivability in up to 1.5m of water for 60 minutes.
- At just 75g, the SD700 slips comfortably into a jacket pocket and goes well with a bag without adding to your burdens. Always with you and ready for work, the SD700 delivers portable strength.
- SD700 uses new 3D NAND, or stacked TLC Flash. The technology offers higher density, increased reliability, and better power efficiency compared to previous 2D NAND SSDs.
- With USB 3.1 and high-grade 3D TLC NAND Flash with speed-enhancing algorithms and a DRAM cache, SD700 reaches 440MB/s read and write speeds which ensures quick transfer of files between devices.
- SD700 is designed to function without any platform barriers so it works with Windows, Mac OS, and Android efficiently enabling effortless medium to share documents, photos, videos, and presentations.
Price : Rs 7,999.00
5. Western Digital My Passport SSD
Western Digital needs no introduction and one of the most popular brand when it comes to external drives. It comes in 256GB, 512GB and also 1TB configurations.
- New generation 3D NAND flash
- Wide capacity range and high TBW
- Intelligent SLC caching and DRAM cache buffer
- Advanced LDPC ECC engine
- RAID engine and data shaping for ultimate protection
- Outperforms HDDs with massive performance gain
- Lower power consumption, longer battery life
Price: Rs 6,857.00