Sony Xperia Z1 or codenamed ‘Honami’ is one of the most anticipated phones from Sony and it has been made official at the IFA 2013. This phone has been in talks because of its features including the 20MP camera. Now we have the complete specs and details of the device. The Sony Xperia Z1 will come with a 5-inch 1080 x 1980 pixel resolution TFT display. It will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974 chipset which includes a 2.2GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 graphics. It will also have 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, a microSD memory card slot and a 3000mAh battery capacity.
The best feature of Z1 is obviously the camera, it comes with the “G Lens”, large 1/2.3-type 20.7MP “Exmor RS for mobile” CMOS image sensor and “BIONZ for mobile” image processing engine. It also brings immersive viewing experience via Sony’s TRILUMINOS® Display for mobile and X-RealityTM for mobile.
Xperia Z1 packs quite a lot of new apps, which includes;
- Social live: Broadcast precious moments live from Xperia Z1 to Facebook and get your friends’ comments right on your screen.
- Info-eye: Innovative visual search function that provides related information on landmarks and on items such as books or wine simply by capturing them with the camera.
- Timeshift burst: Capture the perfect shot every time – Xperia Z1 takes 61 images in 2 seconds – a second before and after pressing the shutter – so you can scroll back and forth to find the perfect image.
- AR effect: Overlay a selection of fun, customizable animations to create pictures using Sony’s SmartARTM augmented reality technology.
It is also dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminium frame
Specifications of Sony Xperia Z1:
- 5-inch 1080 x 1980 pixel resolution TFT display.
- TRILUMINOS display and X-Reality for mobile
- 2.2 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage with microSD card support upto 64GB
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions.
- 3000mAh Battery
- Black, purple and white colors
- Water resistant and rated IP55/IP58
The phone will be available globally from September 2013, there is no mention on the price.