We have covered quite a lot of TYLT products like Vu Wireless Charger, PowerPlant and also Syncables on this blog. One of the best features of TYLT products have been their quality and design which stands out from the competition. Today we will have a detailed look into another TYLT product- Tunz Bluetooth Rechargeable Speakers.
There are quite a lot of features in Tunz which makes it a good buy in case you are looking for a portable speaker. We will have a look into the features of Tunz along with video demo. The best feature of Tunz apart from being a speaker is that it packs a 2800mAh battery which comes handy in case you want to charge your phone. It is good enough to charge one high end smartphone. Along with this, it has NFC built-in and also supports Bluetooth, so you can pair for your phone to the speaker and accept or reject calls.
Lets first have a look at the specifications and what is included in the box.
- TUNZ Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker
- Interchangeable Vibration-Canceling Silicon Bands (3)
- Micro-USB Charging Cable
- 3.5mm AUX Cable
- Carry Bag
- User Guide
- Input Voltage: 5V 0.5 Amp (Micro USB)
- Output Charging Current: 4.75V – 5.25V – 1 Amp
- Lithium Ion Battery: 2,800 mAh
- Battery Charge Time: 6-7 Hours
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0
- Output:80dB Max Output
- Connectivity: 3.5mm Input and output jack / Bluetooth
- Touch Controls: Volume, Play, Pause, Answer & End Calls
- Weight: 12.9 oz.
Here is a quick unboxing video of Tunz.
When you unbox the speaker, the first impression of it is the amazing build quality and the top notch materials used. The speaker has a good design and it is pretty compact in dimension as well. There are three silicone bands included in the box- Red, Blue and Black. This is can be used to customize your speaker. You can easily remove these bands and change them. Additionally the bands provide as a mechanism to keep the speaker in a good position.
On the top, you have the 4 touch buttons, two for volume control, one is Bluetooth pairing and final one is for dialling the number on your phone.
At the back you have quite a lot of ports and also the power button. On the left side you have the Aux in and out ports and on the right side there is USB output for charging your phones and there is also a micro USB slot for charging the speaker. You can either use the speaker with the Aux in by connecting the 3.5 mm jack from the source to the speaker or use the Bluetooth to pair your phone or laptop or tablets.
Once you power on the speakers and connect it, any music playback on your connected phone or desktop will be played on the speaker. If you have any notifications enabled, the phone will speak when there is a new notification for SMS or messages. You can reply back to SMS using voice commands which is a handy feature. The speaker quality with respect to music playback is also good. The battery lasted for almost 2 days with moderate usage, TYLT says 20 hours of music playback with 50% volume.
Here is a video on music performance on TYLT Tunz.
Tunz comes with NFC built-in, you can program the tag on the speaker with your NFC enabled phone to do tasks. For example you can enable it to start the music playback on your phone when you tap it against the speaker. Here is a video demo on how to use NFC with TYLT Tunz.
Features of Tunz:
- NFC Enabled – includes Tagstand NFC launcher App for Android
- 2800 mAh battery plays music up to 20 hours at 50% volume
- Universal USB charging port with1Amp output for charging external devices. Charge your phone using the speakers
- Touch Controls – Volume, Play, Pause, Hand-free Call/Answer
- Includes 3 interchangeable vibration cancelling Silicon Bands – Red, Blue, Black
- Two 3 Watt Speakers and a Passive Radiator for Superb Bass
- Built in Noise Cancelling Microphone
Here is a video review of Tunz.
Overall, we feel Tunz performs really well and comes with tons of features and also customization options in the form of silicone bands. The speaker is priced at $149 and for that price it is a good deal considering the features included in it. You can pick one from here.