With the release of Windows 8, we are seeing quite a lot of new tablets being announced. Windows 8 is the first OS from Microsoft which is designed for tablets. Even before the release of Windows 8, we have seen an array of tablets getting announced. Most of them are now available for purchase. ZTE is a mobile phone maker from China, but their products are not much known outside China. ZTE has plans for Windows 8 tablet and they first showcased their tablet back in September.
At the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2013), they showcased the V98 Windows 8 tablet. While ZTE V98 is not a high end tablet, it does have most the features. It has a 10.1-inch screen with Windows 8 (x86) on a 1.8GHz Intel Atom CPU and 2GB of RAM.
Another good thing is that it has GSM or LTE connectivity, so you can stay connected online on the move. It also has a sleek aluminium chassis
Features of ZTE V98;
- Multi connectivity with LTE+UMTS+WiFi (optional FDD LTE; UMTS 900/1900/2100MHz; GSM 850/900/1800/1900M)
- WIFI 802.11b/g/n, BT4.0, AGPS/GPS
- Windows 8
- 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM;
- T-flash slot, up to 32GB
- 10”TFT, 1366 X 768, Capacitive
- 264.5 X 171 X 8.9mm dimension
- Dual Cameras 8M/2M pixels Support Encode 1080P HD video@30fps
- 7000mAh battery , Charging via 30pin Interface cable
- Support Accelerometer (G-sensor), Compass, Gyro-sensor, Ambient light, NFC (optional)
ZTE hasn’t revealed the price for the V98 probably because it is first heading to China in Q3 and nothing is confirmed on worldwide availability.