How to Enable/Disable Turbo in Opera 10

Tutorial

How to Enable/Disable Turbo in Opera 10

Opera 10 Beta version has been released and it comes with new features and one of the important update in this version is the turbo mode. Turbo mode in Opera 10 increases your internet bandwidth speed on slow connections using data and image compression technologies. This feature uses Opera proxy servers to compress the traffic before it reaches the Opera browser installed in any PC.

This turbo feature can be configured on your Opera and to do this, right click on the bottom left corner icon and select configure Opera Turbo.

configure Turbo

In the configure box, you can set the mode of turbo. It can be configured to be automatic, On or off.

Opera Turbo Settings

• Automatic: Turbo will enable only if it detects a slow network
  • On: Optimize pages with Turbo so they load faster on slow networks
  • Off : Load pages normally
  • Notify me about network speed: Network speed indicator becomes visible within the Opera Turbo icon on the Status Bar

So have you seen any increase in speed with turbo, share in your comments.

1. Amirul Ashraff

June 3, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I had used this for a while & tried Opera Turbo too, it is true that Opera Turbo work..

2. dan

October 19, 2009 at 3:11 pm

thanks.

BUT – one thing you forgot to mention: you need to have the Status bar enabled in order to do so.

3. Joseph

December 18, 2009 at 2:39 pm

with turbo on, I could not access twitter ,and had no idea how to disable it because the Status bar was not enabled. Thanks Dan

4. Bill

September 4, 2010 at 4:58 am

this is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy…
    WHERE IS THE BOTTOM LEFT ICON I AM SUPPOSED
    TO CLICK ON?

I cannot find this – ” right click on the bottom left corner icon and select configure Opera Turbo.”

Turbo slows my computer down!!! I have spent nearly an hour trying to find out how to turn it off!!!!!

• Adam Denman

September 22, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Bill, go to Appearance, Toolbars, and enable Status bar. Then you will see the icon.

5. kirsten

October 10, 2010 at 12:10 am

Thank you for the tip about enabling status bar to turn Opera Turbo off! I decided to enable it one day, and had no way to turn it off! I enabled the status bar long enough to disable Turbo and then disabled the status bar once again – Wahoo!

6. Pingback: Customize Speed Dial in Opera 10

7. lee

December 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm

damn turbo shit slowed my stuff down lol, also once it turned itself on i lost the top of the window so to close the browser now i have to do it from task manager!

8. lee

December 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm

i also have nothing in the bottom left corner to click on!