Browsers could be one of the strong reasons for Viruses and other malware attacks. Some times Internet Explorer open sites at a snails pace or shows constant pop ups or even redirects to other sites. All these could mean that chances are that IE has been under attack. Here is 5 simple steps to make IE more secure.
1. Installing Windows Live OncCare online scanner will help you to prevent access of unwanted and rogue programs to your system. Go to Windows Live OneCare online Scanner and click Protection Scan
2. Turning on the pop up blocker is very much important. Navigate to Internet options ->select the Privacy tab and click Turn on Pop-up Blocker. In case you want pop-ups for some specific sites you can always add them to the safe list.
3. In any case you have changed the default settings and this has caused issues with the working of IE, then you can always reset the setting back to original one of the browser. For this navigate to Internet Options-> select Advanced Tab and click Reset button.
4. If Internet explorer takes too much time to respond, go to task manager and select the Processes tab. There you can find the entry iexplore.exe, select it and click End Process.
5. Add-ons can be a source for attack, so disable suspicious looking add-ons. To do this, go to Tools-> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable add-ons. If you find any suspicious looking add-ons, then do a search for it and find out if its having any potential threat. In case it can cause problems, disable it.
If you like to add any more tips to it, please share it in comments.