5 Free Email Accounts With POP3 Access

Reviews

5 Free Email Accounts With POP3 Access

Email account with POP3 access allows you to download the messages into your desktop email clients, like Outlook, Thunderbird etc. The advantage is that you don’t need to login to the email site to check the mails, all mails will be downloaded. But POP3 access is not available in all the free mail service. Here is the list 5 mail services offering free POP3 account.

1. Gmail: Whenever we think of free POP3 account, the first service that comes to our maind is Gmail. Gmail offers POP3 access by which you can download all your messages. Gmail also has lot of other features and is one the most popular mail service.

Gmail

2. Inbox: Inbox is another great email service which offers lot of service apart from POP3 access. It supports folders and labels concept. They provide 2GB of space and also has a good spam prevention mechanism. You can also check out the review of Inbox.

Inbox

3. BlueBottle: BlueBottle is perhaps one of the few services which allows both POP3 and IMAP access. BlueBottle promises of spam free mail with their patent pending spam prevention mechanism. BlueBottle also has challenge and response mechanism to verify new users identity. This service is also provided by Inbox.

BlueBottle

4. HotPop: HotPOP offers free, reliable email accounts which can be used with any email program using POP3 and SMTP. HotPOP also lets you to forward incoming messages to other addresses. IMAP is missing in HotPOP.

HotPOP

5. Gawab: Gawab is another mail service which offers POP3 access along with 15MB account space. Gawab is available in 12 languages and has lot of themes to customize from. It also has a good spam prevention and filtering mechanism.

Gawab

Hope you enjoyed reading this, which service do you use for POP3? Gmail is the most common and widely used one.

1. Haris

August 14, 2007 at 1:00 am

I only use Gmail and plan to stick with it for a long time. It’s the best mail service. And that POP3 access is very useful.

Will also give others a try and see which of these is the best 🙂

2. jamy

August 14, 2007 at 6:12 am

Hi ,

It is Jamy here.

I like to buy you a cup of coffee but I am not sure how much is a cup cost 😳

It is a pleasure to know you.

Your friend Jamy.

3. Arpit Jacob

August 14, 2007 at 9:19 am

Ever since I began using Gmail I stopped trying out other Email services.

August 14, 2007 at 9:26 am

@Harris,
    Feature wise only Inbox gives competition to GMail. I have tried out Inbox and its pretty good.

@Jamy,
    You can contribute any amount you like, its all a pleasure that readers are contributing. 😀

@Arpit,
    II guess most of the users only know Gmail as POP3 access, that why I put up this list. Inbox hass good features in comparison to Gmail.

5. praveen

August 14, 2007 at 10:05 am

I think Yahoo also recently add the Pop mail service .

August 14, 2007 at 10:43 am

@Praveen,
    Yahoo POP access is by the YPOP application I guess.

7. kanak

August 14, 2007 at 10:48 am

@nirmal , most of the people use gmail coz its kind of integrated for all google accounts , whether its analytics , google talk , personalized home page , whereas others just provide standalone email services 🙂 . MAy be i can use inbox for more online storage option 🙂 … Nice list there 😎 . Initially i confused this post with
    this post here.
    :mrgreen:

August 14, 2007 at 11:01 am

@Kanak,
    I agree, you can use your Gmail account for all accounts like analytics, chat etc and its best for bloggers.
    Regarding that other post on checking pop3 access, those accounts mentioned there are not email accounts, they allow you to access you existing POP3 accounts. Hope you got it now. 🙂

9. shashank

August 14, 2007 at 11:33 am

Gmail works best for me .. 🙂

10. ram

August 14, 2007 at 1:13 pm

I use Gmail, but never heard of the last 3 😕

11. Ashok Arora

August 14, 2007 at 1:22 pm

I used to use hotpop, when there was no gmail. Now I do not use any pop3 and use webmail interface of gmail.

12. CristianR

August 14, 2007 at 1:29 pm

I’ll stick with Gmail 🙂 I love it !

13. Vikram

August 14, 2007 at 2:01 pm

Nowadays Gmail Sucks ! Rediff is also fast and cool !

14. Rishi

August 14, 2007 at 9:56 pm

@Vikram: Rediff and all cannot get the quality of Gmail and Gmail’s class!

For me, Gmail rocks. Waiting for Live and Yahoo also to provide POP services now, my Live mail really needs one! :mrgreen:

15. Shivaranjan

August 14, 2007 at 9:58 pm

I have used Bluebottle earlier also and found the storage space of 250MB very low. Yahoo India offers free pop access, I pay USD $19.99 every year for my yahoo mail and I feel it is worth paying. I am yet to try out Inbox, once I use that service I would give my feedback.

August 14, 2007 at 10:27 pm

@Rishi,
    You are right, Rediff cannot provide the standard and consistency of Gmail and Yahoo. I’m also waiting for Microsoft to introduce POP3 in live mail. 🙂

@Shivaranjan,
    Since my Yahoo account is not co.in, POP is not available for me. I too feel Yahoo mail is good and worth paying. You can even try out Inbox.com which has lot of features. I have already written a review.

17. Pingback: What's Other Talking about Today? | The Tao of Blogging to Wealth

18. Ken Xu

August 15, 2007 at 7:11 am

Oh, damn!
    I never thought about GMail and POP3 access! I always check my gmail manually!
    😆
    I’m sooo outdated!
    Thanks for sharing this information.

August 15, 2007 at 9:41 am

@KenXu,
    Gmail is the most popular email service in POP3 access. 🙂

20. TechZilo

August 15, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Well, that’s a no-brainer…Who would even try others, when there’s GMail?

21. Ronald

August 17, 2007 at 1:40 am

Woh… gmail really have POP3 access…during the time i’ve checked used browser… Thank’s Nirmal for let us know 🙂

22. Benedict Herold

August 17, 2007 at 8:51 am

So far I have used SoftHome, Yahoo and little bit of Gmail for POP3 emails.!

August 17, 2007 at 9:59 am

@Ben,
    Never heard of Softhome, will check it out now. Are you having Yahoo India account? Mine is not India account and so I do not have POP access in Yahoo.

24. Benedict Herold

August 17, 2007 at 8:53 pm

Nirmal – Yes, I’m having Yahoo India account with co.in suffix! I love them for lot of reason; one of them being POP3 access and banner free 😉

25. Shankar Ganesh

August 19, 2007 at 3:16 pm

Gmail 😀 for me too

26. milan

August 27, 2007 at 2:58 pm

i want to open,edit,forward the excel files.
    So which pop i should access. I am using
    yahoo.com

27. gmail.com

November 30, 2008 at 5:38 am

comments

I would like to seek advise to your team that I have in trouble with pop3 server, so every time when I send outgoing messages its appears error,I never ever received any response since open my account with gmail, maybe I misunderstanding. Please can you help me to reset my gamil accounts.

28. danielle