Most of us know that Windows Firewall is a program for Windows which filters information coming to your system from the Internet and blocking potentially harmful programs. When you are using a public network, Windows Firewall can also secure the system by blocking all unsolicited attempts to connect to your computer. Although Windows provides an option to manage firewall, Windows Firewall Control is a free tool to make it more effective. Windows Firewall Control extends the functionality of the Windows firewall and provides immediate access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall.
It runs in the system tray and allows the user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click and it includes high filtering, medium, low and no filtering. Based on the security you require, you can switch.
Features of the app:
- Intuitive and easily accessible interface in the systray.
- Full support for standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.
- Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
- Full support for creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Search for invalid rules with the possibility to delete them.
- Search for executable files through folders and create new rules in seconds.
- View recently blocked connections and create new rules from the logs: inbound and outbound.
- Choose if you want the program to start at user login.
- Import and export the settings of Windows Firewall Control.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
The application works effectively with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Server 2016, Server 2012. You can download it from the link below.