Remix OS 2.0 has been in talk for past couple of weeks ever since the company announced that the new version will be released soon. If you ever wanted to run Android on a big screen and try those Play store apps on PC, then the best option is the new OS called Remix which is based on x86 version of Android.
Remix OS for PC allows you to experience Remix OS on a vast array of existing Intel-based PCs already out in the world (including even some Macs). This new OS based on Android will be offered free to download. So in this article, we will show you how to install this OS on your PC.
- Remix OS ISO and USB installer
- USB 3.0
- USB pen drive with 8GB capacity
- Windows PC
Steps to Install Remix OS:
1. The first step is to download the ISO file of Remix OS from their website. This download includes the ISO file and also the USB installer file for creating bootable USB. Once downloaded extract the files.
2. In the next step, you need to prepare the USB pen drive for installation. Now, right click on the pen drive and select format. You need to format it in FAT32.
3. Once the format is completed, run the Remix OS USB tool which you have downloaded in step 1. Select the ISO file in the app and also the USB disk. Now click OK.
This will start the installation process in the USB drive.
4. Once the installation is complete, you need to reboot your PC and then select USB as the booting option from the BIOS.
5. Each PC has different BIOS settings, so you need to check on how to change the boot order of your PC and then select the USB drive as the first boot device. Also, you will need to enable Legacy boot on your PC to boot Remix OS. Once you have enabled this, the PC will boot from the USB drive.
6. Now the installation of Remix OS will start and you will have the option to boot as a guest mode where your sessions are not saved or create a resident mode where all data will be saved. It is better to use the resident mode.
7. In the next step, the installer will create a partition and install the OS and this will take some time depending on your PC. Once the installation is complete, you will be asked to finalize it. Enter your language, accept the user agreement and finally set up the Wi-Fi. Now you are ready to go with Remix OS.
8. Here are some of the screenshots of Remix OS.
If you find any issues installing the OS on Windows, do let us know in the comments section.